PURCHASE & SALE AGREEMENT
The following are obligations agreed upon by both the Breeder and Buyer for the sale transaction of the above mentioned dog.
1. As payment for said dog, buyer agrees to pay the Breeder the sum of <$>. Payment in full is due before buyer takes possession of said dog.
2. Deposits are non‐refundable but may be transferred to another litter.
3. The Breeder agrees, to the best of their knowledge, that the dog purchased by the Buyer is free from any communicable diseases and is of sound body, stable temperament and is in good general health with first vaccinations and deworming, also providing a medical record indicating such.
4. Breeder will provide a 1yr health guarantee against genetic defects such as hip dysplasia, or epilepsy. Buyer must supply copies of all medical findings to Breeder. Breeder then reserves the right to have said puppy checked and condition verified by her local vet. Puppy may be kept and a replacement puppy will be offered OR puppy may be returned and a replacement puppy offered. No money will be offered. Replacement puppy will be given when the next available pup, of equal value becomes available chosen by the breeder. All medical and shipping costs are the sole responsibility of the Buyer.
5. It is important to take your puppy to the vet within 5 business days of bringing him home for a complete health check. Failure to do so will void health guarantee. This will offer buyer peace of mind in knowing they have acquired a healthy puppy. Please take a stool sample with you. Although the puppies have been dewormed properly, there still may be worms or other microorganisms present. Puppies easily pick up organisms throughout their environments.
6. Your puppy is a Miniature Dachshund. Buyer agrees to a NON‐BREEDING CONTRACT, which will be kept on file with Long Long Ranch (Breeder). By signing this contract, buyer agrees to ensure said dog is not bred or allowed to produce a litter before they are altered. If these circumstances were to happen, seller has the right to take back said dog and puppies at no expense.
7. The Buyer agrees it is their responsibility to arrange to have said dog spayed or neutered before 18 months of age. Buyer agrees to provide Breeder with a certificate from a competent veterinarian stating this fact. The $200CAD (non-refundable) waiting list deposit will be kept in trust by Long Long Ranch and returned to the Buyer when proof of de-sexing is provided. IF the paperwork has not been received by two years of age, Breeder has the right to repossess said dog to ensure its’ alteration at Buyer’s expense before Buyer can retain ownership.
8. Buyer agrees that if said dog does transfer ownership, the non‐breeding contract must remain in effect.
9. Buyer agrees that it is their responsibility to familiarize themselves with the breed of said dogs, and understand the nature of the breed and any medical conditions related to the breed.
10. If Buyer has changed their mind or has found they are unable to care for said dog/pup, then the dog is to be returned to Breeder immediately. Dog is not to go to any other person/society/institution/shelter or rescue. Breeder will take dog back and find a suitable home. No exchange of money or replacement will be offered.
11. Buyer acknowledges that said dogs’ temperament may change with lack of proper training and discipline, or if dog is mishandled or abused.
12. Buyer agrees to provide proper nutritional requirements and to maintain a healthy lifestyle for said dog. Ensure dog lives a lifestyle that is suited to the breed. Recommended food for this dog is Orijen “Adult” dog food. We do not recommend feeding the puppy human food.
13. Buyer agrees that it is their responsibility to ensure that the dog purchased from the Breeder obtains all the proper training and care. Breeder recommends they participate in at least one obedience class to help socialize and train the dog to become a good canine citizen. (Recommend obedience training about 9‐10 months of age)
14. Breeder can offer no guarantee to the size of your puppy. Crop‐up to standard size is possible as well as a crop‐down to “toy” size.
15. This contract is only valid while the Breeder is breeding MINI DACHSHUNDS. Should breeder cease breeding said dogs, for any reason, this contract will become null and void.
16. Any conflicts between Breeder and Buyer are to be dealt with in the town of Windsor, Nova Scotia, Canada.
We guarantee the health of your new puppy to be free from non-life threatening genetic defects for a period of one year from the date of birth. The following conditions must be met for the guarantee to remain in effect:
The puppy must be taken to the vet with in the first 5 business days to have a full exam by the vet of your choice at the buyers expense. Please share a copy of this record or statement from the vet with us, for our records.
The puppy must receive appropriate daily rations of quality food and fresh water such that it is well nourishing and resistant to sickness.
The puppy is housed in a suitable shelter typical for its breed and protected against extreme weather conditions.
What your puppy is guaranteed against:
Your new puppy is guaranteed healthy and free of parvo and distemper at the time you take possession and for a period of 72 hours from date and time of purchase.
Your new puppy is also guaranteed free from life-threatening genetic defects including hip dysplasia and any other form of genetic defects affecting the health or welfare of your puppy for a period of 1 year. Umbilical Hernia’s are not life-threatening and are often caused by the mother pulling too hard on the cord. They can be easily fixed when your pup is spayed or neutered and are not covered under this guarantee.
If a life-threatening hereditary disease is diagnosed during the first year of your pup's life, the buyer is required to provide reports from two unassociated, licensed veterinarians for a refund for the puppy. The seller's veterinarian will then review these reports before a final decision is made.
This guarantee does not cover an injury as a result of an accident involving the puppy.
This guarantee applies only to the original purchaser of the puppy. The Breeder is not responsible for any shipping, veterinary or other expenses incurred.
The Breeder will not be responsible for problems resulting from obesity, second-hand smoke, malnutrition, dehydration, starvation, or lack of proper vet care including regular vaccinations.
We also do not guarantee your puppy will be the perfect show dog, the perfect breeder, the exact size you want him or her to be or have the perfect temperament.
We do guarantee if you love and care for your puppy, he or she will be a joy in your family.